Recovery and Reinvention: District and Agency Strategies for Advancing Education Equity
Hosted by the Southern Education Foundation and Bellwether Education Partners
April 28, 2021 | 1 – 2 p.m. ET
Watch the webinar replay below.
States and school districts are receiving an unprecedented infusion of federal stimulus funds and grappling with how to spend these funds in transformative ways. Prior to the pandemic and as result of the pandemic, many states and districts have been engaged in innovative strategies to address inequity in opportunities and outcomes for students.
How are states and districts thinking about investing federal stimulus funds to both recover and reinvent schools in ways that advance equity? Join Southern Education Foundation, Bellwether Education Partners, and education leaders in a panel discussion on lessons learned and promising strategies for building back while keeping education equity at the center.
- Dr. Marsha Drake, Chief Equity Officer, Hamilton County Schools, Tennessee
- Cloyd Garth, Jr., Superintendent, Hazlehurst City School District, Mississippi
- Ashley Harris, Director, Whole Child Supports & Strategic Partnerships, Georgia Department of Education
- Titilayo Tinubu Ali, Senior Director of Research and Policy, Southern Education Foundation
- Jennifer O’Neal Schiess, Partner, Policy and Evaluation, Bellwether Education Partners