Apply to Host a SELI Fellow
The Southern Education Foundation values and relies on Southern Education Leadership Initiative (SELI) host site partnerships to expose and train the next generation of education leaders to explore strategies for improving education, addressing community needs, and putting theory into practice. Students are assigned summer placements that pair well with their experience, educational interests, career paths, and developmental needs.
To date, more than 260 SELI fellows have worked in nearly 120 nonprofit organizations, school districts, state agencies, and higher education institutions providing advocacy, grant-making, policy analysis, research, community organizing, and direct service in education. Through the summer fellowship, students receive invaluable training and work experience at an assigned school district, education agency, higher education institution, or nonprofit organization in the southern region of the United States.
- Host site application deadline: March 1, 2023
- Fellows and host site matches announced: Mid-late March 2023
- Orientation in Atlanta, GA: May 17-19, 2023
- Fellowship at Host Site: May 22-July 14, 2023
- Closing Meeting in Atlanta, GA: July 19-21, 2023