Request for Research Proposals
The Southern Education Foundation, in partnership with the TIAA Institute, is accepting research proposals focused on the following priority research themes: the impact of COVID-19 on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and the impact of COVID-19 on racial wealth disparities.
We have a strong interest in the following research topics but welcome proposals relevant to any of our priority areas:
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON HBCUs:
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Financial Stability of HBCUs
- The Effect of Technological Innovation on Distance or Blended Learning
- and Educational Services at HBCUs
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the HBCU Workforce
- The Impact of the Pandemic on College Affordability
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON RACIAL WEALTH DISPARITIES:
- Strategies for Improving Outcomes of Households with Educational Loan Debt
- The Economic Impact of COVID-19 on Financial Well-Being and Racial Wealth Disparities
- The Impact of the Racial Wealth Gap on Educational Attainment
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Workforce Participation and Labor Market Outcomes
- The Impact of Student Debt on Racial Wealth Inequality
This RFP is open to any faculty member or scholar with an active appointment at an HBCU. Research teams may include a non-HBCU faculty member or scholar. Junior faculty members are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is July 2, 2021 at 5pm Eastern Time. Awards will be granted in August 2021.